Offsetters Climate Solutions to present on British Columbia's iconic Great Bear Forest Carbon Project at Sustainable BrandsWhat: The Great Bear Forest Carbon Project – one of the largest carbon manag...
Contact us Organizational GHG InventoriesWater InventoriesProduct Life Cycle Inventory and AnalysisEvent GHG Impact Analysis
Organizational GHG Inventories
An assessment of the greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from business activities over the course of one year is a carbon footprint. It can also be called a GHG inventory. As consumers and clients increasingly support environmentally responsible companies, it becomes more and more crucial to understand and manage your organization’s carbon footprint.
Knowing your carbon footprint means you can:
- Quantify your organization’s carbon liability
- Incorporate carbon costs into decision-making
- Identify cost savings opportunities
- Assess regulatory risk
- Engage customers and stakeholders
- Create a competitive advantage
- Be seen as a good corporate citizen
Your carbon footprint includes:
- Scope 1: GHG emissions from mobile and stationary fuel combustion, such as the amount of fuel used in space heating, manufacturing equipment, or driving company cars.
- Scope 2: GHG emissions from the generation of the electricity your organization uses.
- Scope 3: Significant and relevant emissions that result from your organization’s activities including business travel, employee commuting, office paper and subcontracted work.
Scope 1 and 2 emissions are mandatory for any reporting purpose. Scope 3 emissions amounting to more than 5% of the total footprint are also included as best practice.
Offsetters uses the following international guidance documents for organizational carbon footprints:
- World Resource Institute’s GHG Protocol – Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standard.
- ISO 14064-1
For additional information on Offsetters’ Advisory Services, please contact us.