Aimia Legacy PortfolioThe Aimia portfolio, formerly the Groupe Aeroplan portfolio, was custom designed exclus...
Contact us Organizational GHG InventoriesWater InventoriesProduct Life Cycle Inventory AssessmentEvent GHG Impact Analysis
Product Life Cycle Inventory Assessment
Ever wonder how much energy was used in growing, harvesting and transporting coffee from the fields to your coffee shop? What about the water used to grow cotton, dye yarn, and manufacture your company's best-selling t-shirt? Life Cycle Inventory Assessments (LCIA) can help you understand the environmental impacts of your products and services.
Generally, there are 5 stages in a product’s life cycle:
- Raw material acquisition
- Distribution, storage and retail
- Disposal and end-of-life
A study of the impacts from all 5 stages is known as a “cradle-to-grave” inventory. Upstream GHG emissions or water consumption up to the point of sale to the end user (stages 1-3) is called a “cradle-to-gate” inventory.
Benefits of a life cycle inventory:
- Understand your product’s full impact on climate change and freshwater resources
- Differentiate your product or service
- Identify cost savings opportunities in the value chain
- Incorporate carbon liabilities into decision making
- Mitigate environmental and regulatory risks
For additional information on Offsetters’ life cycle inventory services, please contact us.
How Much Carbon is in ...