North America's Largest Forest Carbon Project in the Great Bear Rainforest Receives Final VerificationDecember 9, 2013, Vancouver, British Columbia: Offsetters Climate Solutions Inc. (&ldqu...
Once emissions are understood and efforts made to reduce emissions wherever possible, further reductions and carbon neutrality can be achieved through the purchase of carbon offsets from Offsetters. A carbon offset represents an emission reduction of one tonne of CO2e that would not have occurred in a business as usual scenario.
Benefits of Offsetting
By investing in high quality carbon offsets, you can:
- Adhere to industry and marketplace best practices
- Stay ahead of the regulatory curve
- Meet your business' emissions reductions targets in a cost effective way
- Take full responsibility for your organization's climate impact
- Gain employee, shareholder and analyst approval
- Differentiate yourself from competitors
- Proudly tell your organization's carbon management story with charismatic offset projects that have strong co-benefits
High Quality Projects
All of our offset projects are third-party validated, and verified to internationally recognized standards. All Offsetters projects are:
- Real: Our projects take place as promised
- Additional: Your investment enables projects that would otherwise not take place
- Permanent: The emissions reductions are lasting and cannot be reversed
- Socially beneficial - In addition to environmental benefits, Offsetters funds projects that have significant, positive co-benefits for the community
The Portfolio Approach
We pool some projects into portfolios because it allows us to manage the risks associated with any one project and offer a clear, standard price per tonne that averages out the costs of each project. Choose the right portfolio of high-quality carbon offset projects to meet your business' emissions reduction objectives.
Our project portfolios:
Ready to Offset?
If you know how many tonnes you'd like to offset and want to purchase online, you can do so by visiting the Buy Offsets page under the 'For Individuals' section.
If you'd like to offset a recent business trip, visit our Flight Emissions Calculator to calculate the associated emissions from 'Point A' to 'Point B' and purchase offsets to neutralize the trip's impact.
If you'd like to calculate and offset the emissions from your commute, visit our Car Emissions Calculator and choose the make, model and year to offset the accurate number of tonnes.
Not sure how many tonnes you'd like to purchase? Contact us and we can help you understand, reduce and offset your organization's emissions.