Into the Groove... Pants
If you’ve noticed that the Offsetters team has been looking rather blissful and bendy lately, then you may have guessed that we’ve been spending a lot of time with the folks at lululemon athletica. We’re working closely with lululemon on a number of projects to measure and help reduce their carbon and water footprint for operations, as well as upstream in lululemon's supply chain.
lululemon athletica is a Vancouver-based company that makes technical athletic apparel for yoga, running, dancing, and, as they say, "most other sweaty pursuits". They got their start in 1998 when the first lululemon store shared its retail space with a yoga studio in Vancouver's own Kitsilano neighbourhood, and have been growing quickly since -- lululemon now has 174 stores throughout Canada, the USA, Australia and New Zealand.
Emissions from lululemon’s 2011 footprint will be reported to the Carbon Disclosure Project, an independent not-for-profit organization working to drive GHG emissions reduction.
lululemon’s mission is to create components for people to live a long, healthy and more fun life, and we’re thrilled to partner with their team to elevate sustainability within the lululemon community.
Complete Offsetters Media KitDownload PDF
Offsetters Investor PresentationDownload PDF
- Are you ready for the Pollen Vortex? Thanks to the Polar Vortex, those with allergies are getting hit even harder http://t.co/7ADMNh96Av
- What is the true cost of carbon? http://t.co/8B6cG0lZAX @GreenBiz #CostBenefit #Carbon #CarbonNeutral
- Don't forget to get your ticket to Sustainable Brands San Diego - Reimagine, Redesign, Regenerate #SB14sd http://t.co/Lw59r1wL2U
- IPCC report: 6 things you must know about reducing emissions http://t.co/8PN7V7Z7LE #GrnBz via @GreenBiz #DelayIsNotAnOption
- Talking about waste, how about the carbon impact of our food waste? One overlooked cause of climate change http://t.co/8BrvKcliLt @GreenBiz