Into the Groove... Pants
If you’ve noticed that the Offsetters team has been looking rather blissful and bendy lately, then you may have guessed that we’ve been spending a lot of time with the folks at lululemon athletica. We’re working closely with lululemon on a number of projects to measure and help reduce their carbon and water footprint for operations, as well as upstream in lululemon's supply chain.
lululemon athletica is a Vancouver-based company that makes technical athletic apparel for yoga, running, dancing, and, as they say, "most other sweaty pursuits". They got their start in 1998 when the first lululemon store shared its retail space with a yoga studio in Vancouver's own Kitsilano neighbourhood, and have been growing quickly since -- lululemon now has 174 stores throughout Canada, the USA, Australia and New Zealand.
Emissions from lululemon’s 2011 footprint will be reported to the Carbon Disclosure Project, an independent not-for-profit organization working to drive GHG emissions reduction.
lululemon’s mission is to create components for people to live a long, healthy and more fun life, and we’re thrilled to partner with their team to elevate sustainability within the lululemon community.
Complete Offsetters Media KitDownload PDF
Offsetters Investor PresentationDownload PDF
- Do you believe we can make an impact? 10 reasons to be hopeful that we can overcome climate change http://t.co/pdxvT8C583
- Did you know the average Canadian’s lifestyle adds 5 tonnes of GHG emissions each year? How to reduce your footprint http://t.co/NiHEzGEEZJ
- Traveling this long weekend? Calculate and reduce your carbon footprint using our emissions calculator http://t.co/18RhG2VZkb
- What is in store for US power plants? EPA kicks off hearing for power plant emission rules http://t.co/dYisUjJAtJ
- An unlikely partnership? California and Mexico sign agreement to fight climate change http://t.co/38F5vqw5dC