Into the Groove... Pants
If you’ve noticed that the Offsetters team has been looking rather blissful and bendy lately, then you may have guessed that we’ve been spending a lot of time with the folks at lululemon athletica. We’re working closely with lululemon on a number of projects to measure and help reduce their carbon and water footprint for operations, as well as upstream in lululemon's supply chain.
lululemon athletica is a Vancouver-based company that makes technical athletic apparel for yoga, running, dancing, and, as they say, "most other sweaty pursuits". They got their start in 1998 when the first lululemon store shared its retail space with a yoga studio in Vancouver's own Kitsilano neighbourhood, and have been growing quickly since -- lululemon now has 174 stores throughout Canada, the USA, Australia and New Zealand.
Emissions from lululemon’s 2011 footprint will be reported to the Carbon Disclosure Project, an independent not-for-profit organization working to drive GHG emissions reduction.
lululemon’s mission is to create components for people to live a long, healthy and more fun life, and we’re thrilled to partner with their team to elevate sustainability within the lululemon community.
Complete Offsetters Media KitDownload PDF
Offsetters Investor PresentationDownload PDF
- Happy International Women's Day! Here's to all the women championing sustainability around the world #InspiringChange
- Record number of environmental proposals by shareholders demand aggressive corporate action to combat climate change http://t.co/v1R40kEItV
- RT @EcoMarketplace: Full disclosure, @Offsetters joins forces with @CDP to boost Canadian corporate carbon disclosures http://t.co/GsyrTdq…
- Obama puts sustainability front and center. How new budget will boost federal spending on climate change mitigation http://t.co/W9xR25ATsI
- Are you passionate about REDD+? Our friends at Verified Carbon are hiring http://t.co/v233XP7l7f